Tuesday, November 2, 2010

You may call it moody, I call it spontaneous emotional creativity

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down."
- Woody Allen

 Today I realized that my plate was full...to full for me to carry alone.  It took some reconnecting with the people that matter to remind me that despite my full plate, my cup is also overflowing...it's overflowing with their love and blessings. 

I started today, day 28 of my hubby's 365 day deployment,  feeling down and lonely but alas when what to my wondering eyes did appear...(sorry, I got carried away) my surrogate spouse a.k.a. my BFF Salina (yes I'm naming names;) arrived with her version of "coffee in bed".  She took pity on me and my nasty Folgers and brought my beloved favorite, New Orleans Famous French Market Coffee and Chicory.  (Which...Is only appropriate if you consider the stuff is like crack, only available 20 miles away, I'm too lazy to drive there and she introduced me to it).  Anyway...the caffeine high alone carried me through the first hour of my day, sitting on the couch with her sipping my liquid crack, I mean coffee, and watching a silly DVR sitcom got me through the second hour and the residual glow of feeling loved lasted the rest of the afternoon.  Thank you surrogate spouse...you are appreciated. 

But...as the old adage says..."All good things must come to an end"... and it did...the afternoon took a drastic downer with the onset of a huge and boisterous Pity Party being thrown in honor of me by none other then... ME!  I now (out of equal amounts of gratitude and guilt)  feel compelled to say a great big Thank You and Apologise to:

1.  My adoring husband and his now wet and soppy virtual shoulder (whom I am positive was grateful for the web cam lens, the 16 hour time distance, and the 6000 miles between himself and his blubbering mess a.k.a....ME!) 

2.  The above mentioned BFF who listens so very well, doesn't feel the need to "fix" it all, understands that I just need her empathy and opinion and interjects all the appropriate comments at all the appropriate times.

3.  The Brother, who speaks my kind of crazy, listens long after he has telephone induced cauliflower ear and who doesn't judge me when I say stupid stuff.

4.  My Grannie who has and will ALWAYS have my back and possess the softest, kindest lap ever to be created to cry in.  Thank goodness for her that I recognize that I've outgrown her lap and restrain myself despite my strong yearnings to curl up in it and have a good cry.  Now...I settle for long distance hugs via the telephone. 

Last but not least:
5. Thank you to...YOU...for allowing me to occupy a small part of your day by reading my drivel that I like to refer to as intellegentsomewhatcoherentthoughtsofacrazylady.

So...here's to those of us who are feeling overwhelmed, out of touch, invisible, under appreciated, and unloved.  I hear you, I see you;)  May you have the wisdom and strength...to know when you need help and to reach for it.  I guarantee, it's there.  If anyone has the need for a some-what sane shoulder to cry on, I need to pay it forward.  I called in a lot of karma points today...I owe the universe big.  So...if I can't empathize or understand, I promise I'll fake it till one of us feels better;)  I hope we are all able at the beginning of this Month of Thanksgiving, to recognize and acknowledge our blessings.  And Love...Love deep...love without measure...love, love, love.

Beware though... one of my friends current FB posts:  Today I laughed often (got stared at), I loved harder (one new restraining order), and I danced like no one was watching,.. THAT was when they locked me up!!!..

So...I challenge you...all Four of you, my faithful followers and all the rest of you blog stalkers (I know who you are)...to share one unique thing that you are grateful for.  In this small way, I hope we can all inspire one another to appreciate the small things and be grateful.   

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog! I consider you one strong woman! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete